THYROID DISEASE DISEASES: CAUSES OF DISEASE AND PREVENTION
The thyroid gland, or what else is called - thyroid gland, is an organ of the endocrine system of an organism that produces its hormones, thereby regulating the work of other organs - the brain, regulating the work of the heart and the circulatory system, of the muscles, of the immune system, of the musculoskeletal system , reproductive function, metabolism and many other important processes in the body. The gland itself may have different sizes, depending on its condition. In a healthy person, it has a normal size of 4 to 7 cm, and also produces a sufficient amount of thyroid hormones. It is the lack of hormones in childhood that leads to growth retardation and further developmental delays.
Given the effect of thyroid hormones on the body, it can not function properly when there is a malfunction in the gland.
Causes of thyroid gland diseases
There are a lot of glands, but their causes can be divided into categories:
1. Diseases arising from increased secretion of thyroid hormones (hyperfuncture).
2. Diseases associated with hypothyroidism - when the gland produces few hormones (hypofunction).
3. Diseases in which the structure of the gland (nodes, goiter) changes.
Symptoms of the thyroid glandSymptoms that occur with hyperfunction of the gland:
- elevated temperature;
- sleep disturbance;
- accelerated heartbeat;
- excessive sweating;
- weight loss with increased appetite.
- With hypofunction of the thyroid:
- fatigue, lethargy, memory impairment;
- quick weight gain;
- the appearance of edema;
- dry skin and hair.
Prophylaxis of diseases of the thyroid gland
There are a number of factors that can cause a disease. Their control is the main prevention of diseases:
1. Genetic factors. A high percentage of the risk of illness is inherited, and regular passage of the thyroid ultrasound will help to limit the onset of the disease;
2. Mental, emotional stress. Restrict stress, take sedation.
3. Ecological situation. Yes, we all live in an environment of contaminated air, so it's important not to forget about the rest, including the sea.
4. Malnutrition. Fatty foods, lack of vitamins and iodine can provoke diseases. Take iodine-containing foods, seafood, berries and nuts.
5. Infections. They weaken the immune system. It is important to cultivate even the most insignificant illnesses to the end.
6. Reception of medicines. It is important to always consult with a doctor.
Follow these simple guidelines and stay healthy!
Twoja aplikacja zostanie zaakceptowana. W najbliższej przyszłości oczekiwać, aby potwierdzić swój adres e-mail lub numer telefonu.