Compression therapy is the foundation of the prevention and treatment of varicose veins and chronic venous insufficiency.
Wearing compression knitwear allows you to create optimal conditions for the normalization of venous outflow from the lower extremities, to reduce the load on the venous system of the legs, to prevent venous congestion.
Compression knitwear is individually selected (by standards). The main requirement is to match the anatomical profile of the limb and, consequently, to create the correct gradient of pressure. Therapeutic products are labeled in mmHg and are subdivided into compression classes 1, 2, 3, 4. Each pressure class corresponds to each compression class. At different stages of varicose veins or chronic venous insufficiency, the appropriate compression class is used. That is why it is only doctor who has the right to appoint and correctly choose compression knitwear - taking into account the nature of the pathology and individual measures.
What is compression knitwear used for?
- improvement of venous and lymphatic outflow from the lower extremities;
- improvement of microcirculation;
- slowing down the progression of the disease;
- prevention of complications of varicose veins (thrombophlebitis,
- trophic disorders);
- prophylaxis of deep vein thrombosis.
Compression knitwear is divided into medical and preventive.
Preventive use of compression knitwear
- Pregnancy: during the pregnancy, the venous system of the lower extremities feels marked transposition, in most cases varicose manifests during the first pregnancy;
- professional risk (teachers, hairdressers, surgeons, waiters and other professions with prolonged static workloads): the more you spend time in a standing position, the greater the risk of the disease;
- flights on airplanes, long bus trips: in such situations there is a high risk of deep vein thrombosis, even in healthy individuals, so it is wise to use compression knitwear on the way;
- sports load: intense sports load, including with encumbrances
Therapeutic use of compression knitwear
- correction of the syndrome of "heavy legs": reduction of severity, edema, improvement of quality of life;
- during treatment with phlebologist: after a surgical intervention or sclerotherapy for a term appointed by a specialist;
- to slow down the progression of varicose syndrome;
- to treat the complications of varicose veins (thrombophlebitis).
Your application has been accepted. In the near future, wait for confirmation on your e-mail or phone number.