TREATMENT TROPHIC TREATMENT
Trophic ulcers with varicose veins of the legs. Sclerotherapy and laser treatment of trophic ulcers, as one of the most advanced and effective methods in modern medicine.
This is a disease characterized by a deep defect of the epithelium of the skin or the basement membrane, which is accompanied by an inflammatory process. It leads to the loss of tissue, and on the skin, after healing of the ulcer, there are scars. Treatment of trophic ulcers on the legs, despite the development of medicine, remains one of the most difficult. This is due to a violation of the nutritional process of cells - trophics (hence the name of the disease). At the same time, the defensive functions of the body decrease, and partially the restorative ability is lost. The most common cause of trophic ulcers is the varicose disease of the legs, the so-called venous ulcers.
It is a kind of ulcers, which is formed mainly on the shin, in the lower part of its inner surface. On the back and outside sides are extremely rare. Arise when violations of venous blood flow of the lower extremities, including as a complication of varicose veins. Before the appearance of a trophic ulcer, the following symptoms are characteristic:
- Lichen part swells, there is a feeling of severity;
- At night there are seizures;
- The skin of the leg begins to "itch", on it there appears a mesh with markedly enlarged veins;
- Gradually, the veins merge into the spots of a purple shade that turns into purple, extending to all large areas;
- The skin is sealed, gets a specific shine and smoothness.
At the initial stage of the formation of a trophic ulcer there are scabs of white color, resembling paraffin flakes. If at this stage of treatment has not been started, then after a few days a small ulcer is formed, the development of which will progress. At first, it affects only the skin, then the Achilles tendon, the calf muscle (in the back), the periosteum of the large tibia. At the same time from the ulcer there is a manure, which has an unpleasant smell. If treating trophic ulcers of the leg of venous origin is wrong or has been delayed, severe diseases such as bashiha, inguinal lymphadenitis, purulent varicotromboflebitis may develop. Often the ulcer leads to irreversible increase in lymphatic vessels and elephant shank. There have been cases when late treatment started, it was the cause of sepsis with fatal outcome.
In itself, the trophic ulcers can not appear. There are some provocative factors for this. And one of these factors is varicose veins.
Trophic ulcers are very and very difficult to treat, and this requires a lot of patience both from the patient and from the side of the doctor. But we surgeons - phlebologists treat this ailment with a laser for a rather short period of time. In addition, these treatment methods are absolutely painless and do not require general anesthesia.
However, not only varicose veins may be the cause of a trophic ulcer, so before treatment needs to be examined. Because there are many other diseases that can also be the cause of trophic ulcers on the legs:
- Lining (obliteration-closure of the lumen, growth of the vessel), vascular disease;
- Vascular pathology in diabetes;
- Autoimmune diseases when the body adopts its own tissues for the alien and begins to "fight" with them;
- Dermatological diseases.
The onset of a trophic ulcer on the leg
Trophic ulcers on the legs do not appear suddenly. Usually before this patient is ill for a few years on varices of the lower extremities. And here he notes that the lower part of the shin skin began to change the color, became red and there was an itch. So begins the varicose eczema, after which the ulcer is usually formed.
If you do not urgently contact a phlebologist or surgeon (do not be afraid, nobody will cut you!), An unhealthy shine, white spots on the skin appear on the spot, where ulcers appear. Later, an infection can join, then treatment will be longer, with the use of antibiotics.
There are 4 stages of the flow of trophic ulcers:
- The stage of appearance and progression. When the nutrition of the tissues is seriously affected, the skin becomes "varnish", reddening, then there are areas of ulcers of red color. In practice, these are small wounds that can expand, deepen and merge together.
- Stage of purification. At this stage, the secretion from the wound (it has round edges) is transparent, purulent (when the infection joins) or whitish. Pain and itching can be exacerbated. Treat this stage by cleansing the surface of the wound.
- Scraping along the edges and granulation in the center - so is characterized by the 3rd stage. In the wound there are areas of young skin, which gradually grow. At the same time, the edge of the wound is gradually leveled to the center.
- Harvesting (scarring and granulation of the ulcer itself).
Each stage of the trophic ulcers is treated in different clinics in different ways, depending on the capabilities of the clinics, but the most up-to-date treatment that is used in all the leading clinics in the world, including in our medical center of Life, is laser treatment and sclerotherapy.
General principles of treating trophic ulcers of the lower extremities with varicose veins: involves the elimination of the main cause - venous insufficiency. You will not be able to change the varicose veins, they can only be removed or "sealed" with modern techniques, namely laser treatment and sclerotherapy. It is not necessary to engage in self-treatment or to use questionable methods, such as treatment with leeches.
The next step in the treatment of a trophic ulcer in varicose veins is the fight with the main enemy - hypodynamia. For this purpose dosed walking in compression knitwear is suitable.
Your application has been accepted. In the near future, wait for confirmation on your e-mail or phone number.